Sunday 5 May 2013

Doctor Who--The Crimson Horror


Nope, nope, NOPE. This episode is right up there with Fear Her, Love and Monsters and Daleks in Manhattan/Evolution of the Daleks for my LEAST favourite episode of all time.
It was just bad.
Am I biased? I'm not a Mark Gatiss fan at all. I've only enjoyed ONE Gatiss episode, Victory of the Daleks.

And, you guys, I'm hating Clara more and more. We know nothing about her. I can't relate to her at all.
Even after six episodes, I still feel like there's a strange woman travelling with the Doctor. It makes me cringe every time he kisses her forehead because I don't know who the heck she is!
This whole Clara mystery was a big mistake, Mr. Moffat.
I miss Amy and Rory so much. :(

Anyway, I only made two notes while watching, it was that tough for me to watch.
Here they are--

I really LOVED the Tegan nod. 'Gobby Australian', 'Brave heart, Clara'. That made me smile. It was especially touching for me because I just said goodbye to Tegan and the Fifth Doctor in my classic watch.

There were a few laugh-out-loud moments. Jenny kicking butt and Strax almost assassinating that poor horse.
I do enjoy Strax.

So, yeah. That's all I have to say about The Crap-son Horror!

BUT WAIT, YOU GUYS!

THIS is going to make up for this whole sub-par season!
THIS RIGHT HERE!


Did you LOVE The Doctor's Wife?!
Do you LOVE Neil Gaiman, American Gods, Neverwhere, Sandman?!
AHHHH, ME TOO!

So 'Nightmare in Silver' and the 7b finale, 'The Name of the Doctor' are COMPLETELY going to make up for this whole season, right? RIGHT?!

Can you believe that we only have TWO FRICKIN' EPISODES LEFT?! And then another 6 month wait for the anniversary special.
That makes me so sad! :(

Okay, so lay into me!
Did you love The Crimson Horror? WHY?!
What are your feelings about Clara? Am I way off base here?
Let me know your thoughts in the comments, on Facebook or on Twitter!


1 comment:

  1. I found that Clara is very ambivalent... one minute she is superstrong and snappy and intelligent and have loads of courage... and the next she is stupid, insecure and scared...

    ReplyDelete