Thursday 1 November 2012

Adult Book Review--Medusa: A Love Story by Sasha Summers

Paperback
325 pages
Release date: May, 2012
Publisher: Crescent Moon Press
Series: Loves of Olympus #1
Author: Sasha Summers


It's said love can change a person. Medusa wasn't always a monster...

Medusa is ruled by duty, to her Titan father and the Goddess Athena. She's no room for the tenderness her warrior guard, Ariston, stirs. When Olympus frees her from service, her heart leads her into the arms of the guard she loves... and curses her as the creature with serpent locks.


Ariston goes to war with a full heart... and dreadful foreboding. He learns too late of the danger Medusa faces, alone, and a Persian blade sends him into the Underworld. But death, curses, nor the wrath of the Gods will keep him from returning to her.


Poseidon will use Greece's war to get what he wants: Medusa. He does not care that she belongs to another. He does not care that she will be damned. He is a God, an Olympian, and she will be his.



Phew, did I have a hard time getting into this book! And from the reviews on Goodreads, it would appear that I was the only one!

But once the story DID start flowing--about 2/3 of the way through--I couldn't put it down.

I'll never see Medusa the same way, that's for sure! I LOVED her. She was absolutely the best part of this book--which is a good thing since it's about her, right? Ha!
To have her whole life fleshed out so we see WHO she was and WHY she became the monster we know was really, really wonderful.

The love story itself was just okay for me. I really wish we'd had more time with Medusa and Ariston together...and I HATED the ending. HATED. If you read the book, let me know and I'll explain why!

If you enjoy mythology and romance, you might enjoy Medusa: A Love Story. There are a few love scenes, but nothing too hot and heavy (which is the way I prefer it).
I'd definitely recommend this book to adult romance readers. This is definitely not a book for teens! ;)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for reading and reviewing Medusa. Sorry the ending got you down - I guess it's kind of a love it or hate it kind of ending. But I do sincerely appreciate your thoughts on the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU for allowing me to read it, Sasha!
      Yeah, the ending is definitely an either/or. And I wanted the opposite to happen, heh.

      But, man, I LOVED that girl. She's perfectly written!

      Delete