Friday 30 December 2011

Doctor Who-The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe


Another Christmas has come and gone, and with it, another Doctor Who Christmas special.

I've found that there is no in-between with this year's special...People either loved it or hated it. Me? I loved it.
I've also found that the folks that hated this year's special loved last year's A Christmas Carol, and vise versa.
Weird, right?

Here's why I loved it--

It was light. After a series full of darkness and riddles and confusion, it was nice to not have to think and just enjoy this episode!

It was funny. A lemonade tap? I know! Chairs that move by themselves in the boring grown up room? I know!
I just loved Matt Smith here. He was at his very best in this episode.

It was touching. Yes, it was predictable. Yes, you could see that the father was going to be saved a mile off.
But if you didn't at least tear up when the Ponds told the Doctor that they ALWAYS set a place for him...and when he wiped away his own tear...well, you have no soul! ;)


All in all, I thought it was perfect for a Christmas episode. A great episode to sit and watch with the family after Christmas dinner.

Lets just hope it's enough to tide us over until series 7 premieres a long, long 9 months away, in early fall of 2012!

Until then, Whovians, have a wonderful and safe New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment