Sunday 23 October 2011

Once Upon A Time-Pilot-My Thoughts





You know, I wasn't planning on blogging about this series. I mean, I already post about too many shows, right?


And then I watched the pilot. Holy COW, I love this show. I mean, LOVE. There are no words strong enough to explain the love I feel for this show.


From the amazingly strong beginning to the emotional fist-pumping ending, I was literally glued to my TV.


Some of the highlights for me:


I loved the awesome cameo by Warren Christie (Alphas) as the married blind date guy.


Every single one of the flashbacks.


Robert Carlisle was brilliant as Rumpelstiltskin. He stole every scene he was in.




The characters around the table. I spotted red Riding Hood and Grandma, Doc, one of the seven dwarves, Jiminy Cricket, Geppetto and Pinocchio, and the Blue Fairy came in with the tree.


Did you spot Grumpy whistling "Whistle While You Work" in the cell next to Emma's?


Prince Charming being alive (in a coma?) in the hospital and Mary Margret bringing him flowers.




The clock ticking once at the end. 




Some observations:


Poor Emma and her sad little birthday cupcake with one candle. I'm glad the writers got into a bit of her backstory...being abandoned on the side of the freeway, growing up in foster homes. That gives her a way to relate to Henry.


The Evil Queen is the Mayor. Does she remember? I think she does. And it's obvious Mr. Gold does too.


The Sheriff...The Big Bad Wolf?


Does Mary Margret know Prince Charming? 


I'm a little iffy about the kid. I'm not sure I like him yet. GOOD child actors are so hard to find.




Did you spot the Lost references? Here are the few I found:


The clock is stopped at 8:15.
Henry lives at house number 108.
Emma has a Geronimo Jackson bumper sticker.


I'm really crossing my fingers that the show can keep up the pace and story-telling as well as it did in the pilot. 
I'm looking forward to next week!



1 comment:

  1. Wow, we pretty much hated Once Upon A Time for almost all the reasons you listed here. If you want to read our review, check out our blog http://goo.gl/Jw3sa

    ReplyDelete