Friday 3 June 2011

So, here I am!

See that photo there, on the right side of the screen? That's me with Teddy Wilson and Ajay Fry of the Space channel.
I guess that's really kind of what started this blog off.

You see, I'm a loner, Dottie. A rebel. ...no, wait. That's Pee Wee Herman.

I don't get out much. I'm a mom and I'm a homebody. I have my comforts and I keep them close.

But being such doesn't give me much opportunity to make friends or talk to like-minded adults.

So I frequent Space's Facebook fan page, a few message boards and blogs to get my sci-fi/genre fix.

Then, back in April, I was invited to an exclusive screening of the Doctor Who series 6 premiere, "The Impossible Astronaut" in Toronto.
I was invited. Little old me. By the Space channel. To say I was shocked and thrilled is an understatement.

Apparently being vocal, writing polite, well-thought out posts and replies to posts quite often on some Facebook pages gets you noticed. And sometimes in very good ways.

So I went to the screening. And I met many like-minded adults like Teddy and Ajay and Pix and Mark and even (get ready to gasp in surprise) Rob Shearman, the writer of the Doctor Who episode, "Dalek".

In the days following that wonderful event, I thought often about doing exactly what I'm doing now.
Writing about the geeky things I love. The geeky shows I like. The geeky links I come across.

And if I gain a few cool followers, so be it. But really, this blog is for me. A place to share my thoughts, experiences and knowledge (what little I have!).

So, world. Here I am. Christina, mom, girlfriend, sister, daughter.....A thirty-something girl geek. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment